REPORTED OFFENSE: As the female victim (unaffiliated with USC) was walking eastbound along the north side of 30th Street (north of Orchard Avenue), a male suspect riding a bicycle approached her from behind. The suspect grabbed the victim’s buttocks and continued riding eastbound on 30th Street toward McClintock Avenue.
DATE & TIME OF OCCURRENCE: Feb. 28, 2020 at approximately 7 p.m.
LOCATION: 1100 block of West 30th Street (off-campus)
SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: The suspect wore a dark hoodie.
SUSPECT VEHICLE: The suspect rode a dark bicycle.
If you have information relevant to this crime, please call the Department of Public Safety (DPS) at (213) 740-6000 or the Los Angeles Police Department Southwest Division at (213) 485-6571.
Help fight crime by reporting suspicious persons and/or activity to USC DPS immediately. Please note that race, ethnicity gender, and/or religious affiliation are NOT considered the basis for suspicion; only behaviors are considered suspicious.
If you are in immediate danger, call the LAPD at 9-1-1 or DPS at (213) 740-4321.
- If you are the victim of an incident of fondling or sexual battery, call DPS immediately. For the University Park Campus (UPC), call DPS emergency at (213) 740-4321. For the Health Sciences Campus (HSC), call (323) 442-1000.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Do not display your valuables, including your cell phone. Pay attention to who or what is around you at all times. Do not walk alone off-campus after dark.
- What to do if you are assaulted: https://titleix.usc.edu/something-happened-to-me/
- Safe Rides: https://transnet.usc.edu/index.php/about-usc-safe-ride-program/
- LiveSafe Mobile App: https://dps.usc.edu/services/safety-app/
- TrojansAlert: https://dps.usc.edu/services/trojans-alerts/
- USC Resources: https://dps.usc.edu/services/health-wellness-resources/
ALERT CA#: 2020-008