Because students, staff, and faculty often leave campus during scheduled holidays, DPS and USC Transportation Services have partnered to offer secure parking during Spring, Thanksgiving, and Winter breaks at no cost to you.
Our goal is to eliminate theft of and from vehicles by removing them from public streets and easily accessible private parking lots.
To help students, staff, and faculty start their travels safely and stress-free for the winter and spring breaks, we also offer a free shuttle service to the Los Angeles Airport (LAX).
2019 Thanksgiving Break
Free Parking during the Thanksgiving break is available beginning Tuesday, November 26, 2019, after 2pm through 12 noon, Monday, December 2, 2019.
2019 Winter Break
Free Parking during the winter break is available beginning Tuesday, December 10, 2019, after 2pm through 12 noon, Monday, January 13, 2020.
You must register your vehicle to participate.
Instructions for the GIFT Free Parking
- Registration is required online. There is no in-person service.
- You must be a USC student, faculty, or staff member.
- After selecting the Thanksgiving or Winter Break link (at bottom of this page), you’ll be prompted to enter your USC Net ID and password to access the vehicle registration page. Online access requires that you are on the USC Secure Wireless, wired network connection or VPN.
- You may only register one vehicle.
- After registration, print your receipt.
- The receipt must be displayed on your dashboard during the break to avoid citations or fines.
- Park your car in the designated parking structure and level.
GIFT parking is valid at the following parking structures:
Important: If you desire to extend your parking reservation before or beyond the listed GIFT dates, you must visit the USC Transportation office in person to pay for the extended dates. USC Transportation is located:
620 West 35th Street
(McCarthy Way Structure)
Los Angeles, CA 90089
Registration is now available. Please select the following links:
GIFT Parking for the Thanksgiving Break (registration ends at 5pm, Monday, November 25, 2019)
GIFT parking for the Winter Break