Because students, staff, and faculty often leave campus during scheduled holidays, DPS and USC Transportation Services have partnered to offer secure parking during the spring, Thanksgiving, and winter breaks at no cost to you.
Our goal is to eliminate theft of and from vehicles by removing them from public streets and easily accessible private parking lots.
2020 Winter Break
Free parking during the spring break is available beginning Monday, November 16, 2020, after 2 pm through Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 12 noon at the University Park Campus (UPC) Royal Street Parking Structure and the Health Sciences Campus (HSC) Biggy Parking Structure. GIFT parking is permitted on floors/levels 4 and above.
Instructions for the GIFT Free Parking
- Registration is required online. There is no in-person service.
- You must be a USC student, faculty, or staff member.
- After selecting the Spring Break Parking link (at bottom of this page), you’ll be prompted to enter your USC Net ID and password to access the vehicle registration page. Online access requires that you are on the USC Secure Wireless, wired network connection or VPN.
- You may only register one vehicle.
- After registration, print your receipt.
- The receipt must be displayed on your dashboard during the break to avoid citations or fines.
- Park your car in the designated parking structure and level.
GIFT parking is valid at the following parking structures:
Royal Street Parking Structure (PSD) and Biggy Parking Structure (HSP) on floors/levels 4 and above.
Note: To access the Royal Street Parking Structure, entry must be made via the McClintock Gate Entrance. The Royal Street gate is closed.
Important: If you desire to extend your parking reservation before or beyond the listed GIFT dates, you must visit the USC Transportation office in-person to pay for the extended dates. USC Transportation is located:
620 West 35th Street
(McCarthy Way Structure)
Los Angeles, CA 90089
Winter Break Parking: Click Here to register your vehicle