Because students, staff, and faculty often leave campus during scheduled holidays, DPS and USC Transportation Services have partnered to offer secure parking during Spring, Thanksgiving, and Winter breaks at no cost to you.
Our goal is to eliminate theft of and from vehicles by removing them from public streets and easily accessible private parking lots.
To help students, staff, and faculty start their travels safely and stress-free for the winter and spring breaks, we also offer a free shuttle service to the Los Angeles Airport (LAX).
Instructions for the GIFT Free Parking
- Fill out our online registration form.
- In order to register, you must be a USC student, faculty, or staff member. You’ll be prompted to enter your USC Net ID and password to get started. Reservation also requires that you are on the USC Secure Wireless, a network connection or VPN.
- You may only register one vehicle.
- After registration, print your receipt and place it on your dashboard.
- The receipt must be on your dashboard during the break to avoid ticketing or fines. You can obtain a copy of your receipt at anytime during the registration period.
- Park your car in the designated garage and level.
Your vehicle registration is valid at the below locations for the duration of the following dates and times.
2018 Winter Break
Free Parking is available beginning the first day of finals through the winter break after 2pm, Wednesday, December 5, 2018 through 12 noon, Monday, January 7, 2019. To reserve a parking space, click here. The deadline for reservation is 12 noon, Monday, December 3, 2018.
Important: If you desire to extend your parking reservation before or beyond the listed GIFT dates, you must visit the USC Transportation office in person to pay for the extended dates. USC Transportation is located:
620 West 35th Street
(McCarthy Way Structure)
Los Angeles, CA 90089