The USC Department of Public Safety and USC Transportation are pleased to announce the free parking program during the 2023 Spring Break for students, faculty and staff. GIFT parking begins at 7am, Thursday, March 9, 2023, through 2pm, Monday, March 20, 2023, at the University Park Campus, Grand Ave Parking Structure and the Health Sciences Campus, Valley Parking Lot.
Operation GIFT (the Group Initiative For Theft-prevention) is a program that offers free parking at the UPC Grand Avenue Parking Structure (UPX) and HSC Valley Parking Lot. If you are leaving town and plan to leave your vehicle parked on or near the USC campus during the break, Operation GIFT can make your experience a little easier by providing you with free secure parking.
Instructions for the GIFT Free Parking
- Registration is required online using the link below. In-person service is not available.
- You must be a USC student or employee.
- After selecting the Spring Break Parking link (at bottom of this page), you’ll be prompted to enter your USC Net ID and password to access the vehicle registration page. Online access requires that you are on the USC Secure Wireless, wired network connection or VPN.
- You may only register one vehicle.
- After completing your online registration, print your receipt.
- The receipt must be displayed on your dashboard during the break to avoid citations or fines.
- Park your car in the designated campus parking structure or lot.
GIFT parking is valid at the following parking structures:
- UPC Grand Ave Parking Structure (UPX), levels 3 and above
- HSC Valley Parking Lot
Important: If you desire to extend your parking reservation before or beyond the listed GIFT dates, you must visit the USC Transportation office in-person to pay for the extended dates. USC Transportation is located:
620 USC McCarthy Way
McCarthy Way Parking Structure
Los Angeles, CA 90089
Keith Administration Building (KAM), Office 120
1975 Zonal Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90033
Operation GIFT is a crime prevention initiative that began in the winter of 2005 and has continued with great success. The concept of this campaign is to provide free parking to students, faculty, or staff who are leaving town during the break. The ultimate goal is to eliminate vehicle crimes by getting as many vehicles as possible off the city streets and to park inside a structure or lot that offers security.
Spring Break Parking Registration is available now.