Because students, staff, and faculty often leave campus during scheduled holidays, DPS and USC Transportation Services have partnered to offer secure parking during Spring, Thanksgiving, and Winter breaks at no cost to you.
Our goal is to eliminate theft of and from vehicles by removing them from public streets and easily accessible private parking lots.
To help students, staff, and faculty start their travels safely and stress-free for the winter and spring breaks, we also offer a free shuttle service to the Los Angeles Airport (LAX).
Thanksgiving Break, 2017
Free Parking is available during the Thanksgiving break at the Grand Avenue Parking Structure (UPX) or Health Sciences Parking Structure (HSP) after 2pm, Wednesday, November 22, 2017 through 12 noon, Monday, November 27, 2017.
Instructions for the Free Thanksgiving Break Parking
- Fill out our online registration form.
- In order to register, you must be a USC student, faculty, or staff member. You’ll be prompted to enter your USC ID and password to get started. Registration also requires that you are on USC Secure Wireless, a network connection or VPN.
- You may only register one vehicle.
- After registration, print your receipt and place it on your dashboard.
- The receipt must be on your dashboard during the break to avoid ticketing or fines. You can obtain a copy of your receipt at anytime during the registration period.
- Park your car in the designated garage and level.
Your vehicle registration is only valid at the Grand Avenue Parking Structure (UPX) or the Health Sciences “Biggy” Parking Structure (HSP) for the duration of the above listed dates and times. In each lot, participants must park on the 5th level and above.
Thanksgiving Break parking reservation will be available on Monday, October 30, 2017 at 12 noon.
Winter Break parking reservation will be available on November 27, 2017 at 12 noon.