INCIDENT DESCRIPTION: The male suspect attempted to break into the victim’s (former USC student) residence through a back door but was interrupted by the victim. The suspect then jumped over the backyard fence and fled on a bicycle.
DATE & TIME OF OCCURRENCE: June 5, 2020 at 3:50 p.m.
LOCATION: 2600 Block of South Orchard Avenue (off-campus)
SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: The suspect is a black male who wore a black long-sleeved shirt, gray pants and a green backpack.
SUSPECT’S BICYCLE: The suspect rode a black “fixie” bicycle with a black front rim and a chrome rear rim.
If you have information relevant to this crime, please call the Department of Public Safety (DPS) at (213) 740-6000 or the Los Angeles Police Department Southwest Division at (213) 485-6571.
Help fight crime by reporting suspicious persons and/or activity to USC DPS immediately. Please note that race, ethnicity gender, and/or religious affiliation are NOT considered the basis for suspicion; only behaviors are considered suspicious.
If you are in immediate danger, call the LAPD at 9-1-1 or DPS at (213) 740-4321.
- Theft prevention: https://dps.usc.edu/safety-tips/theft-prevention/
- Safe Rides: https://transnet.usc.edu/index.php/about-usc-safe-ride-program/
- LiveSafe Mobile App: https://dps.usc.edu/services/safety-app/
- TrojansAlert: https://dps.usc.edu/services/trojans-alerts/
- USC Resources: https://dps.usc.edu/services/health-wellness-resources/
ALERT TW#: 2020-011