It’s the end of the school year, one more test question: How can you give back to the community, help reduce crime and improve the environment?
Answer: The Department of Public Safety and USC Housing have teamed up with the One World Clothing and Shoes and Goodwill to accept your clothing, blankets, bed sheets and non-perishable canned foods donations.
These donation bins will be placed outside various USC Housing buildings, both on and off campus, from Thursday, May 5, to Wednesday, May 18. Bins also will be available in public areas throughout the surrounding USC community from today to Friday, May 13. Click here to view a map of these locations.
To donate items such as microwaves, toaster ovens, desktop lamps, bicycles, scooters and skateboards, please drop them off directly to a DPS officer. The drop off locations, dates, and times are:
- May 3 & May 10, from 10:30 a.m.-4 p.m. at the University Mall (University Ave) & 30th Street.
- May 9, from 10:30 a.m.-4 p.m. at Lot 27 (parking lot between 700 & 716 W. 28th Street).
- May 4, from 10:30 a.m.-4 p.m. at Century Apartments (Orchard side), 3115 Orchard Street.
- May 11, from 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. at Century Apartments (Orchard side), 3115 Orchard Street.
- May 5 & May 11, from 10:30 a.m.-4 p.m. at the corner of 29th Street & Ellendale Place.
- May 6 & May 11, from 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. at Catalina Ave & 36th Place.
Your donated items will be provided to local families in need.
USC Department of Public Safety
Community Affairs and Strategic Communications Bureau