INCIDENT DESCRIPTION: During a heated argument, a female (unaffiliated with USC) stabbed a male (unaffiliated with USC) in the left arm with an unidentified object.
DATE & TIME OF OCCURRENCE: May 4, 2020 at approximately 2:28 a.m.
LOCATION: Homeless encampment in the 3500 block of South Hope Street (off-campus)
SUSPECT VEHICLE: No vehicle was involved.
If you have information relevant to this crime, please call the Department of Public Safety (DPS) at (213) 740-6000 or the Los Angeles Police Department Newton Division at (323) 846-6547.
Help fight crime by reporting suspicious persons and/or activity to USC DPS immediately. Please note that race, ethnicity gender, and/or religious affiliation are not considered the basis for suspicion; only behaviors are considered suspicious.
For your safety, please do not attempt to stop or apprehend a suspect(s) during or after the commission of a crime.
If you are in immediate danger, call the LAPD at 9-1-1 or DPS at (213) 740-4321.
• What to do during a robbery: https://dps.usc.edu/safety-tips/suspicious-activity/robbery/
• Safe Rides: https://transnet.usc.edu/index.php/about-usc-safe-ride-program/
• LiveSafe Mobile App: https://dps.usc.edu/services/safety-app/
• TrojansAlert: https://dps.usc.edu/services/trojans-alerts/
• USC Resources: https://dps.usc.edu/services/health-wellness-resources/
ALERT TW#: 2020-010