INCIDENT DESCRIPTION: USC Department of Public Safety (DPS) officers attempted to detain a suspect who was illegally parked on-campus. The suspect fled, drove erratically, and hit a parked DPS vehicle with an officer inside. The suspect then drove away. The DPS officer in the parked vehicle sustained minor injuries.
DATE & TIME OF OCCURRENCE: June 15, 2020 at approximately 11:25 a.m.
LOCATION: 600 block of West 34th Street (on-campus)
SUSPECT DESCRIPTION: The suspect is a Hispanic female who is approximately 35 years old.
SUSPECT VEHICLE: The suspect drove a four-door red Infiniti sedan. The California license plate number is 5LFN899.
If you have information relevant to this crime, please call the Department of Public Safety (DPS) at (213) 740-6000 or the Los Angeles Police Department Southwest Division at (213) 485-6571.
Help fight crime by reporting suspicious persons and/or activity to USC DPS immediately. Please note that race, ethnicity gender, and/or religious affiliation are NOT considered the basis for suspicion; only behaviors are considered suspicious.
If you are in immediate danger, call the LAPD at 9-1-1 or DPS at (213) 740-4321.
- Theft prevention: https://dps.usc.edu/safety-tips/theft-prevention/
- Safe Rides: https://transnet.usc.edu/index.php/about-usc-safe-ride-program/
- LiveSafe Mobile App: https://dps.usc.edu/services/safety-app/
- TrojansAlert: https://dps.usc.edu/services/trojans-alerts/
- USC Resources: https://dps.usc.edu/services/health-wellness-resources/
ALERT TW#: 2020-012