INCIDENT DESCRIPTION: The victim, not affiliated with USC, stated that he was standing at the bus stop at the intersection of Adams Avenue and Magnolia Street when he was approached by two suspects on foot. One suspect displayed a handgun and demanded the victim’s property in Spanish. After taking the victim’s money, the suspects ran away westbound on Adams Avenue.
DATE AND TIME OF OCCURRENCE: June 26, 2020 at approximately 6 a.m.
LOCATION: Bus stop at the southwest corner of Adams Avenue and Magnolia Street (off-campus)
DESCRIPTION OF SUSPECTS:
- First Suspect was described as a Hispanic male, 5’10” to 6’00” tall, 20-22-years-old and wearing an orange hoodie.
- Second Suspect was described as a Hispanic male, 5’10” to 6’00” tall, 20-22-years-old and wearing a black hoodie with white stripes down the sleeves.
SUSPECT VEHICLE: No vehicle was seen.
If you have information relevant to this crime, please call the Department of Public Safety (DPS) at (213) 740-6000 or the Los Angeles Police Department Southwest Division at (213) 485-6571.
If you use an online marketplace to buy or sell goods, ask the individual(s) involved to complete the transaction at DPS. DPS is available 24/7 to help facilitate a safe transaction.
Help fight crime by reporting suspicious persons and/or activity to USC DPS immediately. Please note that race, ethnicity gender, and/or religious affiliation are NOT considered the basis for suspicion; only behaviors are considered suspicious.
If you are in immediate danger, call the LAPD at 9-1-1 or DPS at (213) 740-4321.
- What to do during a robbery: https://dps.usc.edu/safety-tips/suspicious-activity/robbery/
- Safe Rides: https://transnet.usc.edu/index.php/about-usc-safe-ride-program/
- LiveSafe Mobile App: https://dps.usc.edu/services/safety-app/
- TrojansAlert: https://dps.usc.edu/services/trojans-alerts/
- USC Resources: https://dps.usc.edu/services/health-wellness-resources/
ALERT CA#: 2020-014